SCENE®* Visa* Card Review
The SCENE®* Visa* Card is one of the most compelling no annual fee credit cards in Canada for those looking to earn and redeem their rewards frequently, without having to spend a fortune on their credit cards.
The SCENE®* Visa* Card is ideal for those who like redeeming their points to go to the movies, and want a high earn rate without an annual fee. The SCENE®* Visa* Card also stands out with a low income requirement (ideal for students), and a sign-up bonus offer of *4 free movies (with $750 in everyday purchases within the first three months), which is rare for a no annual fee credit card.
Our feeling is, if you like redeeming for movies and you want to be able to redeem points quickly and frequently without spending tons, the SCENE®* Visa* Card is one of the best values in Canada today. It’s an ideal credit card option for those who want to earn rewards they can actually use, without having to spend fortunes on their credit cards, and who may not have 6-figure incomes (yet!).
- Sign-up Bonus: Earn 5,000 bonus Scene+ points with your first $750 in everyday purchases in first 3 months (terms and conditions apply). That’s an easy, risk free way to get to the theatre free. What’s the downside with an offer like that?
- No Annual Fee: As we discussed, most credit cards offering the equivalent of 1% of value per dollar spent have an annual fee. This card has no annual fee and its accelerated earn rate is the equivalent of about 6.5%!
- Generous Rewards: The SCENE®* Visa* Card earns you 5 Scene+ points per dollar spent at Cineplex Odeon theatres (Cineplex, Scotiabank theatres, Famous Players, SilverCity, Galaxy, Cinema City, etc..) and 1 point everywhere else.
- Low Redemption Threshold: We like that you can redeem for movies, music and other items for as low as 1,000 points with the SCENE®* Visa* Card. Many people get excited at the prospect of travelling for free with the right rewards card. But consider that you may have to spend upwards of $25,000-$35,000 annually on those travel cards to generate enough points for one return ticket to Florida from Canada. That’s unrealistic for those of more limited financial means.
- Points Don’t Expire:We all know the tricks some issuers and loyalty programs play. No smoke and mirrors here. You earn your points and keep them, unless you fail to use your account for two years.
The Scotiabank SCENE®* Visa* Card is a great card for people who love the movies, people who don’t spend a lot on their credit cards (less than $10,000 per year), students and those who want to be able to redeem for rewards early and often without having to spend a fortune. We love that the card has no annual fee and offers more value per dollar spent than just about any other no-fee card in the Canadian marketplace.
Give it a shot, if for no other reason than getting free movies, completely risk free..