Scotia Scene Visa Credit Card: Free Movies For Everyone!
The Scotia Scene Visa Card is one of the most compelling no annual fee credit cards in Canada for those looking to earn and redeem their rewards frequently, without having to spend a fortune on their credit cards.
The Scene credit card is ideal for those who like redeeming their points to go to the movies, and want a high earn rate without an annual fee. The Scene Visa card also stands out with a low income requirement (ideal for students), and a sign-up bonus offer of *2 free movies (with $500 in everyday purchases within the first three months), which is rare for a no annual fee credit card.
Our feeling is, if you like redeeming for movies and you want to be able to redeem points quickly and frequently without spending tons, the Scene Visa card is one of the best values in Canada today. It’s an ideal credit card option for those who want to earn rewards they can actually use, without having to spend fortunes on their credit cards, and who may not have 6-figure incomes (yet!).
Scotia Scene Visa Credit Card Review:
- Sign-up Bonus: Get *2,000 points, the equivalent of 2 free movies, when you make $500 worth of purchases in the first 3 months. That’s an easy, risk free way to get to the theatre free. What’s the downside with an offer like that?
- No Annual Fee: As we discussed, most credit cards offering the equivalent of 1% of value per dollar spent have an annual fee. This card has no annual fee and its accelerated earn rate is the equivalent of about 6.5%!
- Generous Rewards: The Scene Visa card earns you 5 points per dollar spent at Cineplex Odeon theatres (Cineplex, Scotiabank theatres, Famous Players, SilverCity, Galaxy, Cinema City, etc..) and 1 point everywhere else.
- Low Redemption Threshold: We like that you can redeem for movies, music and other items for as low as 1,000 points with the Scotia Scene Visa card. Many people get excited at the prospect of travelling for free with the right rewards card. But consider that you may have to spend upwards of $25,000-$35,000 annually on those travel cards to generate enough points for one return ticket to Florida from Canada. That’s unrealistic for those of more limited financial means.
- Points Don’t Expire:We all know the tricks some issuers and loyalty programs play. No smoke and mirrors here. You earn your points and keep them, unless you fail to use your account for two years.
The Scotia Scene Visa Card is a great card for people who love the movies, people who don’t spend a lot on their credit cards (less than $10,000 per year), students and those who want to be able to redeem for rewards early and often without having to spend a fortune. We love that the card has no annual fee and offers more value per dollar spent than just about any other no-fee card in the Canadian marketplace.
Give it a shot, if for no other reason than getting free movies, completely risk free.
*This is a statement from Scotia regarding the promotion: To be eligible for the 2,000 bonus points offer (the “Offer”), you must have at least $500 in net purchases (purchases less returns, refunds or other similar credits) posted to your SCENE Visa account (“Account”) in the first 3 months from the Account open date. The bonus points will be awarded within 2-3 business days of the completion of the $500 in purchases. Only one welcome bonus is awarded per SCENE Visa Account. In cases where both the primary and supplementary cardholders are SCENE members, the bonus points will be credited to the SCENE membership account that has been connected to the SCENE visa card. Offer applies to a new Account only opened by June 30, 2018 (the “Offer End Date”). Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not applicable to SCENE Student Visa card.