Rogers Fido Mastercard Review
Fido customers are some of the most loyal mobile customers in the country. With the Rogers Fido Mastercard, Fido just gave them another reason to fall in love all over again. In fact, there’s a very good reason many Canadians should have it – even if they’re not Fido customers.
To start, the Rogers Fido Mastercard has no annual fee and offers rich unlimited cashback rewards rates of 1.5% cash back on Fido related bills and 1% cash back on all other purchases. There are absolutely no caps, tiers or limits on how much cashback rewards you can earn. You can redeem your cashback rewards as a once-yearly statement credit if you like, or more easily with the unique Pay with Rewards app from Mastercard.
To make things even more attractive, you can get $25 in cashback rewards as a welcome bonus, just for making a purchase on the card within 3 months of receiving it.
With no annual fee, a $25 welcome bonus, a flat cashback rewards rate of 1% and a nice 1.5%s cash back on all your eligible Recurring Payments and subscriptions, including: your Fido or Rogers bill, utilities, streaming services. – Fido is basically paying you to try the card.
In This Article:
Rogers Fido Mastercard Review:
- 1% Cashback Rewards: The 1% cashback rewards rate on all purchases is extremely rich when compared to the market for no-fee cards. There are no tiers or limits to how much cashback rewards you can earn – it truly is unlimited. Compare the Rogers Fido Mastercard no annual fee cashback rewards rate of 1% to the SimplyCashTM Card from American Express earn rate of 1.25% or BMO’s CashBack Mastercard of 0.5%.
- Accelerated Cashback Rewards for Fido: Earn 1.5% cashback rewards on all online and in-store Fido purchases, including your monthly Fido bill.
- Cashback Redemption: This is a true cashback rewards credit card whether you’re a Fido customer or not. You can redeem your cashback rewards as a statement credit at the end of each year (apply your cashback rewards against your credit card bill). Alternatively, you can download the Pay with Rewards application (or find it by logging into Rogers online) and redeem as little as $20 in cashback rewards at a time against items on your statement.
- No Annual Fee: There is no annual fee on the Rogers Fido Mastercard, ever.
- Welcome Bonus: Fido currently offers a sign-up bonus of $25 when you make your first purchase within 3 months of receiving your card .
Is the Rogers Fido Mastercard Worth It?
1. For Fido Customers: If you’re a Fido customer there are four compelling reasons to get this card and keep it in your wallet.
- A high flat cashback rewards rate of 1% for a credit card with no annual fee
- 1.5% cashback rewards on all online and in-store Fido purchases, including monthly Fido bills
- No annual fee makes it free to try, with absolutely no risk
- $25 sign-up bonus after your first purchase within 3 months of receiving the card
2. For Non-Fido Customers: If you’re not a Fido customer, this may still be the best credit card choice in Canada for you:
- You can redeem your 1% cashback rewards as a statement credit and on everyday purchases – not just against Fido services and products
- Earn 1.5% in unlimited cash back rewards on all your eligible Recurring Payments and subscriptions, including: your Rogers bill, utilities, streaming services
- There is no annual fee – ever
- The sign-up bonus of $25 for a first purchase within 3 months is a sweet bonus, since there’s no annual fee
*This post was not sponsored. The views and opinions expressed in this review are purely my own.