June 2017 Roundup: New Promotions and Card Updates
June is a great month to be alive, and even greater if you’re a member of the GreedyRates family. Check out what you can get with your National Bank World Elite Mastercard and Amex Card this month only!
*Dear GreedyRates readers: An earlier version of this article included an exclusive deal with WestJet for June. Unfortunately, we at GreedyRates misunderstood our partners at WestJet, for which we apologize to both our readers and our partner.
For those GreedyRates readers that signed up with the understanding that the deal was in place we will take it upon ourselves to make things right.
For those who applied for a card through GreedyRates June 22 – 24, 2017 and were approved, WestJet will honor the offer as originally posted. If you meet that description, please send us your WestJet Rewards details via the contact form on our contact page. We will then pass that information on to WestJet.
One of the biggest issues Canadian cardholders have traditionally taken with American Express is its limited usability, since many locations don’t accept this form of payment. Well, Amex has listened to the public’s longstanding complaints, and they’ve made some significant policy changes this month that will make their cards far more accessible to the average Joe and could dramatically broaden their reach.
Policy changes include:
- American Express has removed the minimum income requirement for new card applicants. In the past, you needed to have at least a $40,000 personal income to be eligible. Now, any Canadian can apply. This opens the door to students, low-income citizens, or those who work off the books.
- They’ve also loosened up their bankruptcy-free policy for new applicants. Formerly, new applicants had to be bankruptcy free for at least 7 years prior to application. That period has now been reduced to only 2 years, a major game changer for Canadians who had a rough spot but have worked their way out of it.
And regarding the fun stuff, each type of card that American Express offers has an updated and improved membership rewards points status.
- American Express Business Platinum Card: Receive 40,000 Membership Rewards Points!
- American Express Business Gold Card: Receive 30,000 Membership Rewards Points!
- American Express Gold Rewards Card: Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards Points!
- American Express SimplyCash Preferred™ Card: 5% Cash Back on ALL Purchases For First 6 months (up to $300 cash back), 2% After!
There’s also a first-year annual fee waiver (save $99) for the Gold Rewards card, making it even more appealing, and the Platinum card is a must-have for frequent flyers with a lot of travel perks like lounge access and elite status.
National Bank World Elite Mastercard
Sign up anytime before August 15th, 2017, and get 25,000 bonus points in return (up to $250 in value). This promo is coming as part of National Bank’s bold move toward the travel sector. They’ve previously not been very active in this industry, so it should be a good chance for Canadian cardholders to reap more benefits from the healthy competition that this card will generate. Click here to apply for it now.
Last but not least, Capital One cards have finally been reviewed by our GreedyRates’ staff! Check back for more updated Capital One card reviews for the best deals and promotions around. In the meantime, enjoy the Capital One Guaranteed Secured MasterCard, a perfect choice for those in need of some credit score repairing!