Searching for a hefty credit card welcome bonus? Done. How about an annual round-trip companion ticket to anywhere in North America? Covered. Free first checked bags for you and your entire family? Of course.
The WestJet World Elite MasterCard comes with a compelling $250 WestJet Dollar welcome bonus, with no minimum spend requirement. You can redeem your WestJet Dollars at any time, with no blackout periods on any flights.
But what makes this card standout, is the round-trip companion voucher you get every year you keep the card. You can fly your spouse, child or friend return to anywhere in continental North America for $99 airfare with no restrictions! Not to be outdone, first checked bags are free for you and up to 8 of your travelling companions – at up to $30 a bag each person, each way, that’s a lot of savings!
With a $250 WestJet dollar welcome bonus, an annual companion ticket worth hundreds of dollars every year, superb rewards earnings and flexibility & free checked bags, this card is perfect for those looking to fly free fast – especially families and couples.Apply Now!
WestJet MasterCard World Elite Credit Card Benefits
One WestJet dollar equals $1 Canadian towards travel with WestJet. You earn 2% on WestJet related spend and 1.5% everywhere else.
As we said before, what makes this card stand-out from the pack, is the annual companion voucher, not to mention free checked bags. But, as spectacular as the WestJet companion fare is, it just got better. Now you can book your companion on any WestJet flight:
- $99, plus taxes & fees, to anywhere in Canada & continental U.S.
- $299, plus taxes & fees, to Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean & Central America
- $399, plus taxes & fees, to anywhere in Europe WestJet flies
What’s great about the WestJet companion voucher is that you can use it on any flight, any time, with no restrictions and the price stays the same.
You can also book any class of fare, and your companion ticket will be eligible for the same class fare, i.e. if you book in Plus, your companion will sit in Plus with you, not every companion ticket program does that. The only restriction is that the primary cardholder has to fly on the same itinerary as the companion.
Savings from the WestJet MasterCard companion voucher can be huge. Let’s say we take a trip from Toronto to Miami, during winter break, departing December 27 and returning January 8th. According to Expedia.ca, airfare will cost $419 (plus $141, taxes & fees). With the companion voucher, you will only pay $99 instead of $419, saving you $320!
Fly Vancouver to Mexico during winter break and airfare will cost you $713 (plus $114 taxes & fees). Use the voucher and you’ll only pay $299 return, a savings of $414!
Here are some of the additional perks that help the WestJet MasterCard World Elite stand-out from the pack:
1) Annual companion ticket to any destination WestJet flies
2) $250 WestJet dollars welcome bonus after first purchase – no minimum spend require
3) No black outs or seat restrictions on any flights, any time
4) Free first checked bag for the primary cardholder and up to 8 additional guests on the same reservation!
5) Comprehensive travel insurances including travel medical, trip interruption, auto rental collision & loss, purchase security and extended warranty
6) 2% back in WestJet dollars per $1 spent on WestJet purchases
7) 1.5% back in WestJet dollars per $1 spent on all other purchases
8) Earn WestJet dollars twice, once with your credit card, and again with your WestJet Rewards ID when booking a flight and get an additional 5% in WestJet dollars
9) Annual Fee is $99
You will need to either have a minimum personal income of $70,000 or a minimum household income of $120,000 to be eligible for the card.
With a sign-up bonus at $250 WestJet dollars, an annual companion voucher that can take you anywhere WestJet flies, this card is as good as it gets, and first checked bags free this card is packed with value. With no minimum spend requirement, you can get the sign-up bonus and companion ticket without any long term commitment.
The WestJet MasterCard World Elite does come with a nominal annual fee of $99. But in the first year alone you’re getting the $250 WestJet dollar welcome bonus, which more than covers your annual fee, plus you’re getting the companion voucher which can easily be worth over $300. Not to mention you’re also getting your first checked bag free for you and up to 8 travelling companions – each checked bag alone costs $25-$29.50 each way!
RBC and WestJet are giving away a ton of value to get you to try this card. Even after you include the $99 annual fee, the card gives away more than $450 in value in the first year alone, making it an absolute steal.Apply Now!