The American Express Card by Scotiabank is a travel card that makes it easy for customers to earn and redeem Scotia Rewards points both at home and abroad. Aside from the lucrative rewards points, customers who like to travel can rest easy thanks to the range of insurance protections available through the card. Some purchases made with the card are also eligible for special extended warranties and price protection.
At a Glance
- No Annual Fee!
- Earn 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points with your first $500 in everyday purchases in the first three months†
- Earn 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $1 spent on all eligible purchases
- Redeem points for travel arrangements without restrictions
- Book trips with Scotia Rewards Travel Service
- Feel secure when travelling with available travel insurance options
Why We Like It
- Save During First Year: As of August 1st, 2017 the Scotiabank American Express Card is yours for no annual fee at all! So you will get the most out of your travel rewards.
- Earn Scotia Rewards: Customers can earn 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points with their first $500 in everyday purchases in the first three months† and easily accumulate Scotia Rewards® points by using their card for routine purchases. Cardholders will earn 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $1 spent on most purchases.
- Redeem Without Restrictions: Cardholders can redeem their Scotia Rewards points with the help of travel agents in the Scotia Rewards Travel Service. Customers can book trips anywhere with no restrictions or blackout periods that accompany many competing cards. Furthermore, members can rest assure knowing they are receiving the best available price for whatever they purchase. The company’s best price guarantee gives cardholders the ability to earn back the difference in price if they find a cheaper alternative for the same itinerary within 24 hours, adding to the advantages of booking travel with the service.
- Enjoy Special Offers: American Express Members receive special privileges whether traveling or shopping at home. The company will notify cardholders of special offers and experiences available, including table booking at fine dining establishments, theatre engagements, film screenings and more. In addition, Scotia Rewards invites customers to take advantage of exclusive offers such as discounts and amenities when travelling.
- Added Protections on Purchases: The Scotiabank American Express Card includes an automatic 90-day purchase protection on eligible items against theft, loss or damage. An automatic extended warranty also doubles the manufacturer’s warranty term by up to an extra year. While most cards stop their purchase protections here, the Scotiabank American Express Card includes Price Protection, reimbursing customers up to $100 in the case of a drop in an item’s price within the first 60 days of purchase.
- Stay Covered: The Scotiabank American Express Card insures travelers with a variety of protections, including insurance for medical emergencies, accidents, trip interruptions, and rental car damage. These protections extend to the cardholder’s spouse and dependents as well.
Is It Worth It?
Those individuals who want to quickly redeem points on travel and save money on insurance and purchase protections will find this card particularly useful. However, annual interest rates charged for balance transfers, purchases and cash advances are comparable to industry standard rates, indicating the availability of better options if a potential member is considering transferring a balance.
The Scotiabank American Express Card is a flexible and rewarding travel card, giving customers the ability to earn points per $1 spent on all eligible everyday purchases. Points can be redeemed flexibly without travel restrictions, and on a variety of brand name merchandise. Customers who travel frequently will enjoy extra purchase protections and travel insurance coverage included with the card.Apply Now!