ANNUAL FEE REBATE OFFER EXPIRED ON MAY 16th. PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING REVIEWS FOR MORE EXCITING OFFERS TO SWEETEN YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY DEAL:
- Best Travel Credit Cards in Canada for 2017
- Best Aeroplan Sign-up Bonuses
- Aeroplan Credit Cards Comparison
Looking for that elusive 30,000 mile credit card sign-up bonus? We found it. Trying to figure out how to get that premium travel rewards credit card
without an annual fee (invalid as of May 16, 2017)? Here it is.
TD’s Aeroplan Visa Infinite credit card is still Canada’s most popular travel card with one of the hottest sign-up offers in Canada today – 30,000 miles (15,000 miles with your first purchase, 10,000 miles when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days, 5,000 miles when you add an authorized user) all with no minimum spend requirement a
nd no annual fee in the first year – the promotion you’ve been waiting for!
25,000 Aeroplan miles alone will get you a return economy class flight anywhere within North America, (taxes and fees not included).
The savings from the first year annual fee rebate are worth an additional $120. The only cost to getting the free flight is putting one purchase on the card to meet the activation requirement – it could be a pack of gum. TD’s paying you a whole bunch of money to apply for the card – take advantage.
This offer expired on May 16, 2017.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Benefits
Aeroplan miles are worth between 1.27 cents and 2.19 cents (based on a sampling of 15 flights that GreedyRates performed). You will get 1.5 points per dollar spent on gas, grocery, drugstore and Air Canada.com purchases and 1 point everywhere else, giving you between 1.27% and 3.28% in value per dollar spent on your credit card.
When looking at the Aeroplan flight redemption chart, the 25,000 point sign-up bonus offer (plus 5,000 if you add an authorized user) is enough to get a return fare ticket that will take you to destinations anywhere within continental North America on an economy fare. 15,000 points is good enough for a return short-haul flight to anywhere in North America.
Here are some of the additional perks that help this card stand-out from the pack:
1) Free checked bag when travelling on an Aeroplan flight rewards operated by Air Canada
2) Priority Check-in when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
3) Priority Boarding when travelling on an Aeroplan flight reward operated by Air Canada
4) Annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Pass when travelling on an Aeroplan flight operated by Air Canada
5) Miles will not expire as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Cardholder
6) Comprehensive travel insurances including travel medical, trip cancellation & interruption, auto rental collision & loss, purchase security and extended warranty
7) 1.5 points per $1 spent on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases
8) 1.5 points per $1 spent on AirCanada.com purchases & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
9) Earn miles twice when you pay with your TD AeroplanVisa Infinite Card and use your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 150 retail partners
With the sign-up bonus now at up to 30,000 points with no annual fee in the first year, the sign-up bonus alone is worth it. All you have to do is take the time to apply and you’re getting a free ticket. With no annual fee, and no minimum spend requirement, the sign-up bonus is essentially free. You’ll receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first purchase and 10,000 Aeroplan Miles if keep your Account open and in good standing 90 days after account approval. Plus, you’ll get an additional 5,000 miles if you add an authorized user.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card’s perks can add up to a lot more than the $120 fee
(which isn’t charged in the first year of this offer invalid as of May 16, 2017), making the card a worthy travelling companion in its own right. For example, the first free checked bag is worth $25 (each way), the free Maple Leaf Lounge access pass is worth $50, and the complimentary insurances alone can be worth over $400 per year and more.
You will need to either have a minimum personal income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000 to be eligible for the card. If you don’t, TD will make the Aeroplan Platinum card available to you.
To our knowledge, this is the best Aeroplan credit card offer in Canada right now. In fact, this offer isn’t even available inside TD branches right now or on its website. With this offer, available at GreedyRates.ca only, you can essentially fly free, just for getting approved, and spending what you would have spent otherwise – there is no minimum spend requirement! (Invalid as of May 16, 2017) If you have a better offer, feel free to share, but as for now, we think this is the best Aeroplan credit card offer in the Canadian marketplace today. (Invalid as of May 16, 2017)
For other great offers on travel bonuses: