OFFER EXPIRED ON MAY 16th. PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING REVIEWS FOR MORE EXCITING OFFERS TO SWEETEN YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY DEAL:
- Best Travel Credit Cards in Canada for 2017
- Best Aeroplan Sign-up Bonuses
- Aeroplan Credit Cards Comparison
Some people really should be getting more from their credit cards. If you’re a big spender, big earner and like to travel, you should be using your clout to get the maximum value from your credit card – whether it be points, perks or privileges.
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card has a great welcome bonus of up to 65,000 miles, with no minimum spend requirement)! The offer is available until May 16, 2017 only (not available in branches or TD’s website).
But it also comes with a slew of other exclusive benefits that make the card worth its weight in gold, like free lounge passes, free checked baggage, priority check-in, priority boarding, 50% discounts on companion tickets and Fairmont President’s Club status.
The card isn’t for everyone. It comes with a $399 annual fee, and a minimum household income requirement of $200,000. However, the value of the benefits, especially with the 40,000 mile welcome bonus, more than make-up for its cost – in spades. However, if $399 is just not in the cards for you, take a look at the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card which comes with up to a 30,000 mile bonus.
TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege Benefits
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege Visa card offers 1.5 miles per dollar spent on gas, groceries, drugstore and AirCanada.com purchases. That’s the same earn rate that the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card offers in its bonus categories. What separates the two, is you will get 1.25 points per dollar spent everywhere else with the Aeroplan Privilege card, compared to 1 point with the Infinite card.
The 65,000 mile bonus is compelling. But what makes it so unique and appealing is that there is absolutely NO MINIMUM SPEND REQUIREMENT. You get 25,000 miles with your first purchase, and additional 25,000 miles if you keep your account, open and in good standing for 90 days, 5,000 miles if you add an authorized user, plus an additional 10,000 miles if you keep your account open, active and in good standing 1 year from account opening.
What can you get with the bonus? With the first 50,000 miles you earn after 90 days, you could get two long-haul round-trip tickets to anywhere in continental North America!
Here are some of the additional perks that help this card stand-out from the pack:
1) Free checked bag
2) Priority check-in
3) Priority boarding
4) 6 free Priority Pass Lounge Visits per year for you and your travel companions, includes a free Priority Pass membership – that’s $261(USD) in value!
5) 4 Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Passes when travelling on an Aeroplan flight operated by Air Canada
6) Fairmont President’s Club Premier Status includes complimentary room and suite upgrades, complimentary 3rd night, 2 for 1 rounds of golf, free internet, etc…
7) Miles will not expire as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Cardholder
8) Comprehensive travel insurances including travel medical, trip cancellation & interruption, delayed and lost baggage, auto rental collision & loss, purchase security and extended warranty
9) 1.5 points per $1 spent on gas, grocery , drugstore and AirCanada.com purchases
10) 1.25 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
11) Earn miles twice when you pay with your TD Aeroplan Privilege Card and use your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 150 retail partners
The sign-up bonus of 65,000 miles alone makes the Privilege worth it, even with the $399 annual fee. Think about it, if each mile is worth 1.4%, the 50,000 miles you earn after the first 90 days is worth $700 on it’s own. Plus, you get a free checked bag on all Air Canada flights (not only when you redeem miles), which can save you $25 each way. Not to mention other benefits with real cash value like 50% off 1 companion fare per year on business class flights, 10 free lounge passes which are worth $50 each, and Fairmont President’s Club Premier status, which gets you free nights and upgrades worth over $250.
All you have to do is take the time to apply and you’re getting the equivalent 2 free round trip tickets. With no minimum spend requirement, the sign-up bonus is easy to attain, without the need to shift a whole bunch of spend to the TD Aeroplan Privilege card unnaturally.
You will need to either have a minimum household income of $200,000 to be eligible for the card. If you don’t have the minimum income, take a look at the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite credit card as a really strong alternative.
With this offer, available at GreedyRates.ca, you can essentially fly free twice, just for getting approved, and spending what you would have spent otherwise – there is no minimum spend requirement!
If you have a better offer, let us know. Right now, we think this is the best premium Aeroplan credit card offer in the Canadian marketplace today.
For other great offers on travel bonuses: