If you shop at Save on Foods, Overwaitea, Urban Fare, Cooper’s Foods or PriceSmart Foods, you could get $75 for free on sign-up and be earning 5 points for very dollar you spend in store, if you shop with your More Rewards Mastercard. That’s the cash equivalent of more than 1.6% back for every dollar you spend in store and 1% out of store, with no annual fee! We’d challenge you to find a more rewarding no annual fee card, grocery or otherwise.
What Makes the More Rewards Mastercard So Good?
- First, the More Rewards Mastercard provides you with 25,000 points when you sign-up, that’s the equivalent of $75 and all you have to do is use the card once to be eligible. Compare that to the President’s Choice Financial Mastercard that’s giving a $20 sign-up bonus or Walmart Mastercard that’s giving a $25 sign-up bonus and you’ll understand why we think this card is too rich to ignore.
- Second, there is no annual fee. So you’re essentially getting the 25,000 sign-up bonus ($75 value) for free.
- Third, you earn money back shopping in-store and out of store. When shopping in any More Rewards grocery store, you’ll earn a total of 5 points per $1 spent, for a cash equivalent value of 1.6% or more! PC Bank only offers up to 1% in value on its no-fee intro card and WalMart 1.25% on its card. Again, the More Rewards Mastercard offers more value than the rest.
- Fourth, with the More Rewards Mastercard you’ll earn the cash equivalent of 1% back on all out of store spend. That’s right on par with the competition and a lot better than you’ll do with a no-fee rewards card from most of the big banks, who come out to about .75% in value per dollar spent on their no-fee credit cards (when you get through the fine print of the spending caps and earning thresholds).
- Fifth and last, take advantage of a great balance transfer offer of 1.99% for 6 months. That means that you can transfer the balances from any of your existing credit cards, and transfer them to your new More Rewards credit card and only pay 1.99% interest, instead of the much higher interest rate you’re likely paying on your existing credit card or store card. This is a great savings opportunity, but make sure to make oyur payments on time, otherwise you’ll lose the promotional rate.
All in all, we think this card stacks up great against it’s competitors and beats them handily. The $75 in free groceries and merchandise you get from the 25,000 point sign-up offer is reason enough to apply for the card – there’s just no downside to it. It’s also the best way to earn value when shopping at any of Save on More, Overwaitea, Cooper’s , Urban Fare or PriceSmart foods with a no fee credit card, period, why not get 1.6% back if it costs you nothing?